Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of methimazole Oral.

6/11/2008 11:12:59 AM

Reviewer: Female (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Overactive Thyroid Gland
6/10/2008 12:37:22 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking this medication for about 30 days now and it is working just great. I only have minimal side effects which are better than the effects from the hyper-thyroid. I am no longer shaky and anxious unless I dont take the medicine. i do not have the severe night sweats anymore and my appetite has gone down to a normal level. The only side effect that i have really noticed is that if yo ... Show Full Comment

6/9/2008 4:41:52 PM

Reviewer: tinia, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on this medication for a little over a month..I have been able to sleep better. I now have a problem with my taste buds. I can't taste the flavor of foods but I can taste the sweetness. no more day and night sweats. did have some heart palps but that recently stopped a few days ago. checking with Dr on the taste buds and minor leg cramps.

5/26/2008 1:20:34 AM

Reviewer: Sheryl from Long Island, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I can't believe no one else has had the reaction I have had to this drug! I cough like I have bronchitis and I've been on this for 6 wks. The Dr. took me off it 2x and checked my blood to see if there is an infection. Both times were neg. so he put me back on. The coughing went away both times while awaiting the results and came back as soon as I started taking it again. It's a lower d ... Show Full Comment

5/12/2008 3:37:29 AM

Reviewer: Nancy, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on meds for 18 days. I am now having severe reactions: including brown urine, nausea, insomnia, severe itching over my entire body,some fever,tired and weak. My doctor told me to stop taking meds. Am waiting for symptoms to subside to see what the Doctor wants to do.

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.