Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of amantadine HCl oral.

10/6/2015 10:16:44 AM

Reviewer: Marilyn, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have had trouble sleeping. My doctor said to take one in the morning and another at noon. I think I am going to go with just one today around 10 to get me through the afternoon at my keyboard and see how that works.

6/26/2015 4:03:32 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I only take this,when I am experiencing fatigue and have had enough sleep.

1/30/2015 3:39:56 PM

Reviewer: felineish, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was literally falling asleep on my keyboard at work, and my nuerologist prescribed me provigil..my insurance company wouldn't approve it, so he prescribed me amantadine.. it helped a little with fatigue, but triggered my schizoaffective psychosis, and hallucinations. after that, he put me on vyvanse instead. best decision ever.

9/24/2014 6:11:52 PM

Reviewer: jennelayne, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was given this medication due to sleeping from 16-20 hours per day. I was only on it for two weeks. During that time I did not experience any relief from my extreme fatigue. I had a rash on my inner thigh and it took me that two weeks of it worsening before I read that .001% of people on this medication get a rash. So end of med.

8/19/2014 12:54:16 PM

Reviewer: Terri222, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I am 37 and had MS half my life! I took this for a while with dosage continually increased until I quit taking because it did NOT help at all!