Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Arestin Dent.

3/11/2012 10:47:40 PM

Reviewer: Georgia, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I haven't seen any results from having it inserted under my gums. Had I known before, I wouldn't have had it done. It can be costly so check out the costs before doing it.

5/21/2011 11:01:23 AM

Reviewer: 65-74 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
developed a strong allergic reaction with urticaria, swelling and welts

11/1/2010 9:09:00 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I too, had a syringe with the med inserted beneath the affected gum tissue and experienced some tenderness at the sign but felt and saw quick results within 24 hours. Waiting for a follow up to see if any further treatment is required.

4/7/2010 11:56:16 AM

Reviewer: Bryan, 35-44 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
At my scaling and root planing appointment, I had Arestin capsules put in. After a day of inflamation, I was OK. Within a week the sites cleared and firmed up nicely. Just had the other side done, with some more capsules put in. Doc says I don't need a 2nd treatment on the sites. I guess my gum disease was not that advanced. It seems that the other reviewers had some type of allergic rea ... Show Full Comment

2/23/2010 7:30:37 AM

Reviewer: disappointed, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Ihad this procedure done yesterday. My jaw is still swollen and I have a horrible taste in my mouth. I cannot eat anything without pain or the taste of the meds. Had I read about this procedure before having it, I would not have had it done. I was also not aware that I was also not told that I would have to have it done more than once. I cannot believe I will have to go through this again to get t ... Show Full Comment