Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Jolivette oral.

5/23/2009 5:51:09 AM

Reviewer: nurse1, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
After only a week of taking this medication I would cry at the drop of a hat. I felt depressed and very emotional. Friends and family kept asking if I was okay. Stopped taking it and wa-la I feel normal again.

5/11/2009 11:57:18 PM

Reviewer: missy, 25-34 on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had a baby 6 months ago and needed a birth control while breastfeeding just so I'm sure I wouldn't get pregnant.....BUT my periods have never been on time they always came two weeks early even though I took the pill everyday faithfully. Now I'm pregnant again was not expecting this. Good luck to anyone that's taking this pill make sure your using another way to prevent having a ... Show Full Comment

4/29/2009 10:06:06 PM

Reviewer: Elisha, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
It decreased my milk supply and had strange affects on my infant. She started getting acne and her appetite increased beyond my nursing means. She takes both breasts and is hungry an hour later. She is also gaining weight too fast for her age.

4/17/2009 12:07:30 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I started taking Jolivette when my baby girl was 3 months old. She is now 14 months old. I had a slight period about a month ago, but absolutely no other bleeding at any time. It hasn't affected my mood at all. The only issue that I have is that I haven't been able to lose all the baby weight that I gained with this pregnancy. I guess I can blame that last 10 lbs. on Jolivette. I also ... Show Full Comment

4/7/2009 2:32:32 PM

Reviewer: CHYNA B WIT A KISS, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on this Birth control for a year and a half now. For the first year, I could not remember to take, so whenever I bled that the was the result of not takig my pills. I more lubricated when I am intimate. I break out once in a while, so I cleanse my face with 70% rubbing alcohol (I have Oily skin). I have gained a little weight, that I am trying to work off. I for the past 6 months ... Show Full Comment