Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Avonex Administration Pack IM.

12/5/2012 7:17:54 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
This is my second review of this medication. I have been taking Avonex, now for about 2 1/2 years. So far, this has worked very well for me. No MRI change and no relapses. I just started with the new pen style injector. Once I get used to it, this will be great.(Still takes some time to push the button lol) It doesn't hurt like the regular shot and its done in seconds. The needle is shorter an ... Show Full Comment

7/22/2012 10:13:29 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Been taking it for a year and a half. Had no flare ups and with the new Avonex pen, its even easier to take. I get no side effects now and I think that it is really helping me succeed.

7/9/2012 4:28:47 PM

Reviewer: Martha , 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on the drug a long time. I switched from Betaseron in the middle 1990s. Since on the medication, I have been VERY MUCH better. The side effects are minimal. I am thankful to have this medication available. I have no intention of stopping.

4/2/2012 2:33:06 PM

Reviewer: Yovanova, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
In the beginning, it was working great. I thought it was the best thing. I started taking it in 2004 and two years later my symptoms started getting worse. I now have nerve damage. I still experience those nasty side effects from the Avonex 8 years later. My neuro is changing my meds soon to Gilenya. Can't wait!

12/20/2011 12:32:10 AM

Reviewer: sannergirl, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking avonex for a year now. I have the smaller needle witch helps. I take 3 advil liquid gels right before my shot and then every 4 hours after. I give it in the morning and the symptoms are much more managable. I use the ice for 90 sec. and then i don't even feel the needle so overall very pleased with my experiance.

neti pot
6 steps for nasal irrigation.
stressed working woman
And how to fix them?
woman walking in fog
12 tips for managing your disease.
Woman running
10 ways to boost your metabolism.
What are the top ones?