Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of sumatriptan succinate Oral.

7/22/2010 1:03:16 AM

Reviewer: kay, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Migraine Headache
7/3/2010 8:06:00 PM

Reviewer: Gonzo, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I'm a VA hospital patient and the VA changed me to this about 5 months ago. So far it seems to work as advertised. Only 1 time a headache came on faster than the pill could work, then the only relief is a trip to the hospital. I have only needed 1 pill 99% of the time. Recently my headaches have been increasing in frequency but the sumatriptan has been for the most part kept them at bay. ... Show Full Comment

6/2/2010 9:41:40 PM

Reviewer: index-galena, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
This pill has changed my life!! It does work best right at the onset of the migraine-wipes it right out. I do have side effects-makes me very tired for a couple of hours and I have tightening of my jaw and some muscle tightening....also can not touch hot water, it feels like it is burning me. It is so much better than the brutal hell headaches I used to get that would last for days!

5/15/2010 11:40:45 AM

Reviewer: sobie jo, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
The medication works well to get rid of my migraine, but it makes me sick to my stomach. I have to take a nausea med along with it.

5/4/2010 9:29:19 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have had migraines for years, usually just one or two a month, but they were terrible. My doctor prescribed me Imitrex and it wipes out the migraine IF I take it soon enough. Always carry these with you! When Imitrex went to generic form I was so relieved, but with the generic I have noticed I get dizzy sensations after taking it for about the next 12 hours. Not too bad, and it's much be ... Show Full Comment