Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of phoslo oral.

8/14/2013 11:12:51 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have end stage kidney failure but am not on dialysis at this time. I was taking 4 tablets a day, three times a day before meals, to get phosphorus levels down. I had blood work done after a week on the medication It worked, but raised my calcium levels to about 11.4, much higher than normal, causing a in some of my other numbers. I probably wouldnt use it again. No other side effects.

12/17/2011 10:00:12 PM

Reviewer: jiffyner17, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have ESRD and take 5 caps with meals 3 with snacks. When I do take pills during or right after eating, my phos levels are lower than not. Never had any side effects with this drug. Also equally effective in liquid form.

4/18/2010 7:24:44 AM

Reviewer: phoslouser, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have been a renal patient for almost three years. Been on Phoslo the entire time. About 8 months into this I experienced cronic diarrhea and it hasn't stopped. That was almost two years ago. Nausua and diarrhea are a way of life for me now because of the Phoslo. I have tried other phosphate inhibitors, but their side effects intensify the problems I already have. Guess this is the best ... Show Full Comment

10/8/2009 9:46:02 PM

Reviewer: lauriemae, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I take them and renagel and my phosphrus is still high. It upsets my stomach and the capsuls stick to my mouth making it hard to swallow them. I broke one open and it's just a pill in a capsule.

1/31/2009 10:26:12 AM

Reviewer: phoslo, 75 or over Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Gives me an upset stomach