Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of psyllium oral.

1-3 of 3
11/19/2011 2:12:40 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have always had a "touchy" stomach ( I'm now 64 yrs old), and I have found that Psyllium works for constipation, but I have had to stop using it because, even if I take one tablespoon every other day, I feel sick to my stomach from it.

6/20/2009 6:03:50 AM

Reviewer: bev, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
took a couple of days but then I had easy, none straining bowels

2/10/2009 6:13:37 PM

Reviewer: me27513, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Every doctor I've ever seen has told me to increase my fiber intake, and recommended psyllium capsules. I drank lots of water as instructed. Initially, they worked just great. However, after a couple of weeks, they stopped working. I continued to take them, yet my constipation got worse. I saw several doctors who suggested adding a stool softener to the mix and eating more fruits/veggies. Well ... Show Full Comment

1-3 of 3