Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Prometrium Oral.

4/20/2008 3:53:15 PM

Reviewer: Judith, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on Prometrium for 16 days. I had breakthru spotting and wasn't sleeping, etc. symptoms of being 69 and on bio-identical hormones...I had an Ultra Sound and a pap smear..both negative. I have started spotting again and now it is a lot and bright red. Changing large pads 3 x a day.

4/17/2008 7:48:55 PM

Reviewer: T, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I am pregnant, my MD prescribed this drug for 30 days. But I have to take it vaginally. I'm really scared because of the warning label for pregnant women. Has anyone heard of this? I've had 1 miscarriage.

4/5/2008 10:17:58 PM

Reviewer: craftmaker43, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I am 40 yrs old and I have been taking 200mg at bedtime for about 21 days. The only side effect has been very, very tender breasts. I am having trouble with low libido and fatigue. I had blood work done on my thyroid and hormones. The only problem was that I was low in progesterone so I was put on this medication. I do know that I have been sleeping like a rock since I have started taking it. I go ... Show Full Comment

3/30/2008 12:02:10 PM

Reviewer: Beverly, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Im 48 and had total hyst/ovary removal 5 yrs ago, Im on Bio-identical hormones which are great but having joint pain/stiffness. This works great for that. Much improved in less than 1 month.

3/20/2008 8:51:45 AM

Reviewer: StephanieM, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I just started with this medication, on my 8th day now and is taken at bedtime. Makes me sleepy at times and on the other hand a couple of nights were sleep was seriously delayed. Those late evenings were due to over analyzing of issues on my mind. Experiencing extreme mood swings, emotional and mental, at the drop of a dime. Patients have worn very thin while on this medication could be due to t ... Show Full Comment