Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of ORTHOVISC intra-articular.

8/18/2015 10:19:45 AM

Reviewer: hardline, 25-34 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I am trying this as the final recommendation by my rheumatologist for knee pain due to Ehlers Danlos type 3. First shots were mildly discomforting, and provided about 3 days worth of relief. Just got second round, and it was significantly more painful than the first, I blacked out on the procedure table from the pain of injection on my right knee. We'll see if it provides any lasting benefi ... Show Full Comment

8/2/2015 12:01:25 PM

Reviewer: Grdmam, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have been housebound for 2 months now. I had my 3rd knee injection a week ago and I suffer pain and stiffness 24/7. My swelling on both knees (both sides of each knee) is about the size of a peach. Until I read webmd, I Had no idea that others are suffering. My doctor said orthovisc only works 60-70 % of the time but I was desparate to try it. I have had severe knee problems since February ... Show Full Comment

6/27/2015 10:43:02 AM

Reviewer: Ham, 55-64 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Let me give you the key to helping Orthovisc work. Had 1 shot=no change 2nd shot=about 3 days after BOOM NO PAIN!!!! But all along I used the 360 GEL Sleeve made by Veridian Healthcare to ice it down. The best I've felt in 3 months. Also I used a tens unit knee wrap at night. It's a process. Give it time and a try. Hope this may help others and by the way I take no pain meds for my conditi ... Show Full Comment

6/19/2015 4:02:03 PM

Reviewer: Poohtig, 55-64 Female (Patient)

Comment:
The night of my third injection, my knee swelled up the size of a basketball and I had to have emergency surgery to drain it and I am still not able to walk after 3 weeks.

6/19/2015 12:18:19 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male (Patient)

Comment:
I received a series of injections of orthovisc in hopes that my knee pain would diminish. Well, about a week after I received my last injection, my knee filled up the size of a peach. Talk about pain and discomfort! My doctor drained 4 viles of fluid from my knee. I'm not sure why I didn't great results as some others have, but I sure wish I would have!