Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of ORTHOVISC IAtc.

7/13/2014 2:16:06 PM

Reviewer: evelyn, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
very painful after the third injection .when the Dr. was injecting the ortho visck I almost fainted ,lots of blood ,and the next day black and blue.the injection worsen my pain,maybe was not injected properly.

6/5/2014 3:06:43 PM

Reviewer: RRWCPA, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have worn cartilege in my left knee and was told about 10 years ago that I would need a knee replacement. I am on my third set of injections. the last ones I had were almost 3 years ago. I have nothing but praise for this procedure and am able to walk and climb stairs without pain.

5/30/2014 9:18:29 AM

Reviewer: Vicki, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Frankly, I am stunned at the miraculous loss of pain and stiffness to both knees. My orthopedic surgeon told me exactly what would happen, and that I would be mostly cured of any pain and stiffness within a couple of days. I just had the injection at 4:30 yesterday and just woke up at 5:45 to use the bathroom. I usually take a few minutes to carefully pop, and bend my knees before I attempt gettin ... Show Full Comment

5/16/2014 1:20:04 PM

Reviewer: JoMo, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have a very sensitive internal system having had intestinal surgery a few years ago and have always been sensitive to drugs. After my first injection of Orthovisc I felt immediate relief that night BUT I had a nauseating headache and my GI system was all awhack... nausea, off balance. I slept for 5 hours that afternoon and could barely get myself to wake up. The 2nd shot, 2 days ago, was all ... Show Full Comment

5/8/2014 1:56:11 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
The practitioners who administered the injection respected my opinions and told me what they were doing every step of the way. These injections are very effective at controlling pain after the series is completed.

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture