Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Celexa oral.

8/22/2008 8:14:00 AM

Comment:
I have been on Celexa for about 5 years now. The only time I've ever had a problem was when I have missed doses or stopped taking it all-together. One or two missed doses doesn't affect me but any more than that and I notice a big difference in my mood. While on this medication my anger, weepiness, and aggression are all relieved. I recommend it to anyone experiencing these feelings, howev ... Show Full Comment

8/19/2008 12:46:49 PM

Reviewer: lovlylucy3, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I AM ALWAY YELLING I HAVE MOOD SWING CANT SIT STILL ONE MINUTE I AM HAPPY NEXT I AM JUST MAD FOR NO REASON

8/18/2008 8:32:31 PM

Reviewer: greenie, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months

Comment:
I'm having bouts of 'sweating', to the point where even my scalp gets wet. Has anyone else had this effect? I've only been on it for 6 weeks, and want very much for it to work for me. I feel a bit tired, but have not done as much 'crying' lately, which is an important sign for me.

8/18/2008 3:41:33 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Caregiver)

Comment:
I was caregiver for my daughter who was dying with cancer. I needed something to help keep my emotions under control so I could care for her. My Dr. gave me an RX for 20 mgs per day and I was able to care for her right up to the moment that she died.

8/18/2008 2:17:09 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
i have only been on this medication for a few days. on the first day, there was an immediate onset of insomnia. based on the experiences of other reviewers it seems to be too soon to know whether these side effects will be permanent while on this drug.