Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of ergocalciferol (vitamin D2) Oral.

4/10/2014 1:20:25 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had been feeling extremely tired and had no energy no matter how much I slept for almost a year. It turns out my Vitamin D level was 13.9 so the doctor put me on ergocalciferol. I have to take once a week for 3 months then retest vitamin d levels. I've been taking this for almost 2 months now and have noticed a ton of improvement. After 3 weeks of taking it I noticed I had more energy and by ... Show Full Comment

2/2/2014 7:34:46 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Have not been retested since started-50,000 every week. My lower back is hurting constantly since treatment began. Is this a side effect anyone else has had?

6/29/2013 9:51:33 AM

Reviewer: norlene2@aol.com, 75 or over Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I lost most of my tast about the same time I srarted taking this drug could this be the cause norlene2@aol.com I am a 79 yr old male

2/1/2013 12:07:29 PM

Reviewer: Tired of being sick, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Have been to several specialists for body wide muscle pain, fatigue, muscle spasticity, trouble swallowing, insomnia, and depression. Finally, one of my doctors ordered D 25 hydroxy test and my vit D level was 18.2. I am taking Vit D2 50,000 units twice a week. Have been taking for 5 weeks without side effects. I have about 20% less fatigue and muscle pain. Will take for 3 months and have level re ... Show Full Comment

1/23/2013 7:09:33 PM

Reviewer: debcab, 65-74 Female (Patient)

Comment:
I started this in December. About that time I developed hemorroids. Has anyone else had that problem? I also took this last year due to Vit D deficiency but did not notice any problems.