Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of prazosin oral.

Condition: Chronic Post Traumatic Stress Disorder with Trauma-related Nightmares
7/23/2013 9:47:11 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Helped significantly with disturbing images while awake and major sleep disturbance. Was able to sleep without night terrors for the first time. Took about a week to notice difference. Can cause dizziness but goes away.

6/6/2013 10:41:24 PM

Reviewer: rebelchic, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I am on 1mg prazosin at night. My night terrors have decreased, but my kidneys hurt terribly and I have become incontinent from this med.

5/23/2013 7:43:13 PM

Reviewer: tired9900, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I havent been able to get a prescription lately due to insurance issues but when I am able to be on it for a stable amount of time it really seems o work, and i thought nothing would work for nightmares at all. Overall pretty good medicine!

3/27/2013 11:27:42 AM

Reviewer: Deborah, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I haven't been able to get the medications, because I don't have any money, coming in. I have been trying to get my disability for almost three years. they have just been informed that I have PTSD. I get all of my other medications through a free clinic, n this is the only medication that that they don't carry. I am truly blessed that we have this clinic, because they r my only resours ... Show Full Comment

2/1/2013 5:39:21 PM

Reviewer: Myjennie1977, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I started at 1 mg and my dr said I might need an increase the first week or so I wasn't having any nightmares very drowsy but I also take another sleep med so was to be expected...I was so happy I wasn't having anymore nightmares then they came back my dr upped the dose to 2 mg and I have been sleeping great with no more nightmares so far will keep you posted!