Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of metoprolol succinate Oral.

2/3/2009 6:57:50 PM

Reviewer: mamabell, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking this medication for over 7 years. As a betablocker & for high blood pressure. It works well enough to keep my pressure somewhat under control.

1/31/2009 3:19:43 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: High Blood Pressure
1/28/2009 5:22:32 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Run as far away from this drug as you can!!! I thought I was going to die on this medication. My dr. prescribed it after several meds were not effective in lowering my BP. Not only did this medication raise my BP to 200 over 110, but there were so many side effects that I became a different person. I was severly depressed, cried for no reason, could not walk without being out of breath, my hea ... Show Full Comment

1/24/2009 3:26:35 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was on Toprol XL 25mg for several years, was doing fine with it then my insurance switched me to the generic metoprolol succ. ER 25mg. I have been having ringing in my ears, insomnia, tiredness, (expert DR. told me it was just old age, I'm 47), developed stones in my salivary glands (?), told to drink more water and suck on hard candys!(more time in the bathroom!!) I will be switching ba ... Show Full Comment

1/21/2009 10:37:29 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Significant shortness of breath during exercise. My doctor switched me to this from Atenol my BP has gone up since switch.

sore foot
3 warning signs.
checking blood sugar
Symptoms and treatment.
man behind computer screen
10 possible causes.
Woman with itchy watery eyes
Common triggers.
man screaming
Making sense of symptoms.
human liver