Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of metoprolol succinate Oral.

12/4/2008 7:03:08 AM

Reviewer: CS, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had been taking Betaxolol (later Kerlone) for many years and had normal BP and was quite happy with these Rx's until the manufacturers recalled them (Why?!!!). Now I on this Rx. My heartrate is up. BP is near normal but many times I am out of breath from minor physical exertion. I shall beseech my Dr. to prescribe something else.

12/3/2008 3:00:40 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Severe hair loss,fatigue,numbness in arms,heartburn,leg cramps,did lower bp,but i'm bald and cranky.

12/2/2008 2:08:09 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on this drug (Metoprolol Succinate) now for about a year, and since taking it, I have zero energy, wake up every hour on the hour to pee, my joints ach now, they never did before taking it, my feet are cold or feel like their cold, I can't tell, hell I've lost most of my real feelings like touch and feel. I've put on weight, and nothing helps. I think my doctor is clueless ... Show Full Comment

12/1/2008 9:47:36 PM

Reviewer: wartn2, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have a hard time swallowing larger pills and this latest edition of this drug is a larger pill. I understand the other version of this drug was recalled and I kcan't seem to find out why?

12/1/2008 5:27:58 PM

Reviewer: Black Widow, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
New Dr. took me off Lisinopril, and put me on 12.5 mgs of Metoprolol twice a day. I felt like was on narcotics! I lost my job for being "Under The Influence" (still fighting my co.) after 3 days of treatment & was pulled over by the Highway Patrol, although I wasn't cited after explaing my situation. I go to my Dr. in a day and I am asking her to change my medication! My blood ... Show Full Comment