Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of FORTAMET Oral.

4/2/2009 8:28:52 PM

Reviewer: BaylorBearister, 55-64 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking Fortamet for just over one week. I have had intermittent diarrhea. The most significant side effect has been a bad taste that makes foods taste the way old cigarette ashes smell.

3/8/2009 2:32:28 PM

Reviewer: lindamcb58, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
It took 4 days of taking this before I got severe diarrhea that I had to take anti diarrhea meds for. I didn't take one last night and I still had diarrhea this morning. I can't take Metformin and I told the doctor that. They assured me that this was not Metformin, it is, just in a different form.

11/22/2008 6:25:54 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
The difference in the Metformin that I was on and the Fortamet is that the Metformin was "fast acting" and now the Fortamet that I am on is "slow acting"...according to my endocronologist. I have a friend who had the same reaction with the metformin and the fortamet has also helped her. Take the fortamet just as directed and you should feel better and have better readings. S ... Show Full Comment

11/14/2008 9:17:48 AM

Reviewer: England, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I just started taking this last night but I'm confused after reading the reviews. You say you couldn't take Metformin and now on Fortamet and doing better. The box I'm looking at right now says Fortamet Metformin HCI extended-release tablets 500 mg. So aren't they the same???

11/9/2008 11:10:54 AM

Reviewer: trudy46, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had been taking regular Metformin for approxdimately 8 months. My blood sugar was under control but I had severe diarhea to the point of many embarrassing "accidents". My doctor changed me to Fortamet approximately 5 weeks ago and I am so much better. I have not had any "accidents" since I changed to Fortamet. My blood sugar readings are very good now.

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture