Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Dilaudid Oral.

8/27/2009 8:08:52 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Pain
8/26/2009 8:10:10 PM

Reviewer: have2livewithpain, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have two herniated discs in my neck for Degenarative Disc Disease causing pressure on my spinal cord. I have been a chronic pain sufferer since 1999. My doctor recently changed my RX from morphine to Dilaudid. I find that this medicine in conjunction with Soma for muscle spams is very helpful.Do not take more than prescribed. In my case, that is a total of 48 milligrams daily. I take the 4 mg ta ... Show Full Comment

8/18/2009 1:06:15 PM

Reviewer: THE ADVOCATE, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I take this edication for multifocal severe chronic breakthrough pain 8mg.up to 5 daily in addition to m.s.contin 180g. daily.being a large man-300 plus lbs. and having a 20 yr. exposure to these meds-i have found this med to be very effective orally-it seems to have a higher g. intake to actual g. bioavailability factor than ost c-2s-although tolerance does develop relatively quickly-but not as q ... Show Full Comment

8/11/2009 9:44:47 PM

Reviewer: Koffeefreak, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was prescribed dilaudid to manage pain for abdominal migrianes. I became addicted to the medication physically and had to stop taking it immediately. Because of my fear of addiction, when I need pain meds in the ER I try to ask for regular morphine instead. The effectiveness of the drug was outstanding, however, I do not find it worth the risk of addiction.

8/11/2009 4:50:06 PM

Reviewer: Dray, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had ACL surgery to replace the ligament in my knee. It is a very painful surgery and this medication was extremely effective reducing the pain. I heard it was addictive so I was very cafeful to ease myself off of it as soon as the pain eased up with rehabilatation. The side effects I experienced were constipation and I did not sleep well at night (night sweats, side awake).

Heart-Shaped Fried Egg
Can you benefit from them?
How to make the best choices for you.
Adult man lying awake in bed
How to recognize them.
smiling woman
Fight the effects of getting older.
chicken and veggie kabobs
What are you eating tonight?