Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Dilaudid Oral.

10/1/2009 3:22:15 AM

Reviewer: mnmmom, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have a ovarian cyst and this med. takes the edge off so i can sleep. I only take it at night because it makes me too sleepy. I have taken morphine in the past for the cysts but the Dr. gave me this for this one. The cyst is the size of a tennis ball and is very painful. During the day I take demreol, it takes the edge off but its not great. In the past I have used this drug and found if you come ... Show Full Comment

9/22/2009 3:04:31 PM

Reviewer: Panimal, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have severe migraines and go to the Urgent Care Center at least once a month for pain shots. Usually I start feeling releif within 5 minuets with this stuff and in most cases the pain is gone in about 30 minuets. It's been a lifesaver for me. Could be addicting is the only down side I can see.

9/20/2009 8:52:21 PM

Reviewer: JPP, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Administered by IV following knee replacement surgery resulted in seriously suppressed breathing function; very hard to wake up; extreme confusion when awakened. Was given Narcan to counteract dilaudid.

9/16/2009 7:55:31 PM

Reviewer: PandorasBox, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Suffering from chronic cysts in not only my right ovary but also my tubes I was given this medication by IV in the ER on many occasions for pain relief. IV injection works well BUT home meds did nothing for pain relief for me. Meds were prescribed every 4 hours and highly addicted. I am going through withdrawal/detox now. I have been previously treated for opiate addiction and can't believ ... Show Full Comment

9/14/2009 12:30:41 PM

Reviewer: rhinoonelady, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had a total knee replacement and was given this by IV and oral pills when I went home. I have never become so dependent on a medicine like I did dilaudid. But I reconized what was happening to me and stopped taking it. The withdrawal was not easy.

Does your kid have symptoms?