Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Dilaudid Oral.

8/26/2009 8:10:10 PM

Reviewer: have2livewithpain, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have two herniated discs in my neck for Degenarative Disc Disease causing pressure on my spinal cord. I have been a chronic pain sufferer since 1999. My doctor recently changed my RX from morphine to Dilaudid. I find that this medicine in conjunction with Soma for muscle spams is very helpful.Do not take more than prescribed. In my case, that is a total of 48 milligrams daily. I take the 4 mg ta ... Show Full Comment

8/18/2009 1:06:15 PM

Reviewer: THE ADVOCATE, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I take this edication for multifocal severe chronic breakthrough pain 8mg.up to 5 daily in addition to m.s.contin 180g. daily.being a large man-300 plus lbs. and having a 20 yr. exposure to these meds-i have found this med to be very effective orally-it seems to have a higher g. intake to actual g. bioavailability factor than ost c-2s-although tolerance does develop relatively quickly-but not as q ... Show Full Comment

8/11/2009 9:44:47 PM

Reviewer: Koffeefreak, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was prescribed dilaudid to manage pain for abdominal migrianes. I became addicted to the medication physically and had to stop taking it immediately. Because of my fear of addiction, when I need pain meds in the ER I try to ask for regular morphine instead. The effectiveness of the drug was outstanding, however, I do not find it worth the risk of addiction.

8/11/2009 4:50:06 PM

Reviewer: Dray, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had ACL surgery to replace the ligament in my knee. It is a very painful surgery and this medication was extremely effective reducing the pain. I heard it was addictive so I was very cafeful to ease myself off of it as soon as the pain eased up with rehabilatation. The side effects I experienced were constipation and I did not sleep well at night (night sweats, side awake).

8/8/2009 2:28:57 PM

Reviewer: Mandy, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
Best med out there in pill form for severepain relief.

man rubbing painful knee