Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Cymbalta oral.

12/14/2007 2:22:42 AM

Reviewer: jeanietd, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
took this drug for 1+ yrs. it worked - just had constant diarrhea. Insurance stopped paying so i had to stop taking it. started with effexor xr today - am terrified!!

12/13/2007 4:33:06 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have tried other treatments in the past. This product has worked best for me. However, my blood pressure has increased from normally 120/70 to 150/108.

12/13/2007 12:43:28 AM

Reviewer: citygirl, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Although it did help my depression, I started getting "brain zaps" and numbness in my body. I felt like I had electricity running through my brain and sometimes my lips or face would start tingling. THE WORST part was that if I forgot to take one dose, I would get the WORST migraines. After that, I weened myself off of it, and the withdrawl is NOT WORTH this medicine...migraines every da ... Show Full Comment

12/12/2007 9:02:11 PM

Reviewer: perryjofer, 35-44 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on antidepressants for the last ten years. I have had the cocktail (prozac, effexor, wellbutrin, zoloft, etc.), so far my most positive experience has been with Cymbalta. I have been using it slightly over a year now and am experiencing a reduction in it's effectiveness. I recently started adding lamictal (a med for bipolar disorder, but used by many psychiatrists for depression) ... Show Full Comment

12/11/2007 10:25:09 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
My doctor perscribed this hoping that it would help with my depression, however the side effects are terrible. Vomitting, and extreme diarhea. I was grocery shopping once when this came on, and actually pooped my pants. I also would wake up in the morning to find that I had soiled myself. I took this medication for 5 months, and finally had to say enough is enough. Being depressed is hard enou ... Show Full Comment