Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Mucinex DM Oral.

11/18/2014 7:40:52 AM

Reviewer: Michelle, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
After getting over a cold I had a horrible lingering caugh that was keeping me up all night. I wasn't getting but about 2-3 hours of sleep. I took the Mucinex DM before bed, it took about 20-25 minutes to take affect. I immediately stopped coughing. This stuff is a life saver! I got a full 8 hours of sleep with not even one cough! I reccomend this to anyone suffering from a cough.

10/20/2014 5:25:29 PM

Reviewer: Andy, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was taking Mucinex DM and had a seizure this past weekend. I am hoping this was the cause as I am 45 and have never had a seizure before. I took 3 in a 24 hour period and should have read the directions and warning more carefully.

9/11/2014 1:25:16 PM

Reviewer: former Mucinex user, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had congestion and cough left over from bronchitis. I had pulled a rib from coughing so hard and decided to try Mucinex DM. It did stop the need to cough, but from the first dose,(I've taken 3) I experienced waves of nausea, spacey head and hot clammy feeling, followed by diarrhea. I won't be taking it any more.

7/25/2014 6:40:43 PM

Reviewer: Will never take again, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I will never take this again. My throat has been swollen ever since and I have had a very difficult time swallowing. I was up all night and sought medical attention from my ENT.

6/25/2014 3:02:08 PM

Reviewer: Wiser for the experience, 65-74 Female (Patient)

Comment:
After one pill, my work was slowed to a crawl, thinking became extremely dull, sleepy, muscle weakness. Three hours later I stood up from my desk and right away felt dizzy, cold, clammy, nauseous, managed to stagger to the bath room and vomited. Immediately felt better, I think because I threw up what was left of the Mucinex DM. There was not even warnings on the package. What if I were driving a ... Show Full Comment

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture