Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Mucinex DM Oral.

12/25/2008 7:40:08 PM

Reviewer: nanap, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Had really bad sore throat, larygitis and cough - this pill really helped with the congestion and cough- but within 3 hours I had 3 bouts of diareah- very sudden with no warning.

12/18/2008 2:32:20 PM

Reviewer: me, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
My doctor recommended Mucinex DM for a viral infection that went to my chest. I have asthma as well. Mucinex DM subdued my coughing for about 10 hours and then it came back. After the second pill, it also made me kind of itch. I haven't decided yet if I am allergic to it or not. I am petite, 5 foot 105lbs. Most medicines are too much for my size.

12/7/2008 8:03:19 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
The first time I took this it helped me stop coughing,however i slept the entire day away! When i did get up and try to function i was loopy and light headed. Needless to say i went straight back to bed. so i didnt take it the normal every 12 hours. It works great on curing the cough, but be prepared to feel drowsy!

11/27/2008 5:07:04 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Serious medicine. I used extra strength. Reduced my coughing and made the coughs more productive. I was able to get the junk out and breath normally. I'm a fan now.

11/15/2008 11:26:57 AM

Reviewer: Cough, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
This definitely clears up the cough and lets me sleep through the night for the most part, but I don't know that the side effects (nausea & dizziness) are worthwhile. I believe the dosage may be too strong for me - I am 5'3" and 110 lbs. I will look to see if there is an equivalent children's formula.

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture