Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Flovent HFA inhalation.

8/5/2013 5:15:30 PM

Reviewer: T Toes, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
This has helped rid me of the congestion and goopy lungs/chest. I now have not needed to use my albuterol inhaler in about 3 weeks. Within a few days I was down to using the rescue inhaler once a night, now I breathe well and feel much better. Just have some hoarseness that I hope may resolve soon.

11/28/2012 11:19:12 PM

Reviewer: 0-2 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Caregiver)

Comment:
My daughter who is 18 months old has not had any severe troubles breathing since she started Flovent, however she has behavior problems, severe temper tantrums, anger and crazy mood swings. My other two boys 3 and 6 also take Flovent and are hyper after taking it but have showed no behavior problems. Her doctors are reconsidering keeping her on it because of the side effects.

7/14/2012 6:00:47 AM

Reviewer: blossom, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Since Aerobid is no longer being made, I needed a replacement (I took it with Serevent for many years). I tried this medication (Flovent) and got no benefit - only bad side effects. It caused uncontrollable, nonstop cough, rapid heartbeat, asthma attack, and wheezing. Also caused me to have almost lost my voice, sore throat, and leg cramps. I could only take this twice before stopping. Had to ... Show Full Comment

5/30/2012 7:57:32 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
eye dr said it has caused me to have cataracts. no fun.

9/7/2011 5:30:20 PM

Reviewer: Judy G., 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I found my voice was affected by using this drug. It very often sounded scratchy and like I was getting laryngitis. And I developed a sometimes heavy phlegm build-up. I was lucky that I didn't also get thrush. It was effective in the beginning, but after a year, my doctor put me on anew medication that I start tomorrow. I could never quite shake the cough I had most of the time.