Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of vancomycin IV.

2/25/2009 11:39:42 AM

Reviewer: 75 or over Female (Caregiver)

12/26/2008 11:46:50 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Was admitted to local hospital for a ruptured cyst on my right ovary. After being given antibiotics through IV for about 24 hours Doctor decided to try Vancomycin...dont really understand why. But had a severe reaction to it...woke me from a dead sleep. Started as itching on scalp and shoulders and then worked its way down my upper body. After about 10 minutes called in the nurse and she told me I ... Show Full Comment

11/8/2008 2:49:43 AM

Reviewer: heatherhascf, 13-18 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have always had a very bad allergic reaction to this medication called redmans syndrom so then they will treat that with an anti-hystimine to help then that will later cause me to go to sleep and that makes it to where I do not sleep at night because im asleep all day because of the reaction to the medication and they medication that they have to give me to reverse the reaction

10/28/2008 3:11:34 PM

Reviewer: mike, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I got an infection from a splinter resulting in blood infection and 2 surgerys on my hand and 7 additional days IV Therapy with Vanco. Along with being tired all the time, I also have hearing, and severe joint pain in all my joints. Worst of all, I'm not for sure if the infection is completly gone.

10/21/2008 12:25:56 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I just spent 10 days in the hospital with some kind of infection. Vancomycin was the treatment through picc line. While in the hospital I had 100mg benedryl 3 times daily. After coming home with infusions 2 times a day developed a severe itchy red rash all over my body. ER gave me steriods and benedryl still waiting for rash to go away. I will never use this drug again.