Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Amitiza oral.

12/21/2014 5:42:39 PM

Reviewer: littlefoot, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I wrote the last post, and just have to say that taking Amitiza for a few weeks, did nothing for me. I just had a colonoscopy and have a follow up appointment next week. The Dr. gave me some Lizness samples, so I started that today. The Amitiza worked it seemed like for the first 2 days, but after that....nothing!!

10/11/2014 8:25:15 PM

Reviewer: littlefoot, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I am a 39 year old female and I have been constipated most of my life. It got worse after the birth of my son 19 years ago. I have been dependent of laxatives for about the last 5 years. It is draining on me trying to live my life around having to take laxatives. I went back to the Dr. yesterday, she put me on Amatiza 24MCG twice a day. I took 2 pills yesterday and just took my second pill today. ... Show Full Comment

9/30/2014 7:28:00 PM

Reviewer: Groovy, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Terrible... Should not be on the market! Doesn't work and makes you feel very nervous and anxious... Back to Dulcolax for me... I have tried them all but this drug is not good!

9/27/2014 3:26:38 PM

Reviewer: Laura, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    Began using this medication after surgery for a rectocele. I had fecal incontinence & chronic constipation prior to the surgery. Combined with the FODMAP diet (created at Stanford)my bowel movements have definitely improved. I am very active, run daily and now I have my life back!

7/31/2014 9:41:31 AM

Reviewer: Susz, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Within one hour of starting medication I had a headache. An hour later, I had reactive airways which did NOT improve in 1-3 hours. My breathing worsened over a 24 hour period, which resulted in needing an Epi pen & high dose of steroids. Not sure exactly what ingredient (active or otherwise) caused this but stopped taking it immediately. I may have difficulty with this classification of me ... Show Full Comment