Nestle Recalls Food Products Over Glass Concerns
March 10, 2016 -- Food giant Nestle is recalling certain lots of a wide range of products due to concerns they might contain small bits of glass, the company said Thursday.
The products in question include DiGiorno frozen pizzas, Lean Cuisine meals, and Stouffer's lasagnas and souffles, the company said in a statement.
"No injuries have been reported," the statement said. "We are recalling these products because they may contain small pieces of glass that may cause injury. Although our investigation is ongoing, we believe the source of the glass is spinach that was an ingredient common to the products subject to this recall."
Nestle said the recall was ordered out of "an abundance of caution after several consumers reported that they had found small pieces of glass in some of these products."
The recalled products include certain lots of:
- DiGiorno Thin & Crispy Spinach and Garlic Pizza
- DiGiorno Rising Crust Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
- DiGiorno pizzeria Thin Crust Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
- DiGiorno pizzeria Tuscan-style Chicken Pizza
- Lean Cuisine Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
- Lean Cuisine Spinach Artichoke Ravioli
- Lean Cuisine Ricotta and Spinach Ravioli
- Lean Cuisine Spinach, Artichoke & Chicken Panini
- Lean Cuisine Mushroom Mezzaluna Ravioli
- Stouffer's Vegetable Lasagna (10 oz., 37 oz. and 96 oz. sizes)
- Stouffer's Spinach Souffle
- Stouffer's Chicken Lasagna
For a detailed list of the label production code numbers for products affected by the recall, head to Nestle's website.
"Consumers who may have purchased the products listed above should not consume them but should instead contact Nestle Consumer Services at 1-800-681-1676," the company statement said.