There is no evidence-based research to support the safety and effectiveness of the following home treatment measures, but they may help relieve your burn symptoms.
- Soak a washcloth in water to make a cool compress.
- Add a handful of oatmeal (ground to a powder) to your bath. Or you can try an oatmeal bath product, such as Aveeno.
- Use a moisturizer or light powder to smooth areas where skin rubs against skin to prevent chafing.
- Use calamine lotion for itching.
- Cut a raw potato and spread the juice on the burned skin.
- Use chamomile diluted in warm water or brewed into a tea to sponge on the burned skin.
- Try an aloe vera lotion.
- Add 2 to 3 drops of lavender essential oil to 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil to smooth over the burned skin.