Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

User Reviews & Ratings - VITAMIN C ASCORBIC ACID

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of VITAMIN C ASCORBIC ACID.

«VITAMIN C ASCORBIC ACID Information

See products with VITAMIN C ASCORBIC ACID

9/18/2015 4:55:31 PM

Reviewer: Vitameatavegamin, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Consumer)

Brand Product: Other

Comment:
I began taking large doses of vitamin C in 1972 after suffering one cold after another for months, when I was in high school and I had two little sisters at an age where they brought home every conceivable virus. I based this trial on the reading of the new book by Linus Pauling, Vitamin C and the Common Cold. My life changed dramatically as I ceased getting colds as long as I kept taking at least ... Show Full Comment

4/4/2015 1:36:25 PM

Reviewer: FERN-C, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Consumer)

Comment:
I have been taking vitamin c in a non acidic form 500 mg capsule for the past three years with excellent results. I used to suffer with a couple of dusy cold mostly during winter months every year. This amount of vc has kept this problem at bay.

2/2/2013 4:13:16 PM

Reviewer: rettluvsme@yahoo.com, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Caregiver)

Comment:
If you haven't tried it do not knock it, it is better than anything I have ever tried...I am 69 years old & healthy as a horse

2/20/2012 12:27:16 AM

Reviewer: When I needed, 55-64 Female (Consumer)

Comment:
I got my vit.C by fruits every morning, oranges,pineapple,straberries or other acid frit alone or together,I do'nt mix them with food. If I feel some flu or cold synthoms,then I eat more and I include other kind of anioxidants,and half of a pill of "AllerClear" and some rest,it's kind of magic medicine.

11/10/2011 9:00:52 PM

Comment:
I think this does nothing for the common cold.

vitamin rich groceries
Do you know your vitamin ABCs?
St Johns wart
Ease hot flashes and other symptoms.

Are you getting enough?