User Reviews & Ratings - ST. JOHN'S WORT

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of ST. JOHN'S WORT.

«ST. JOHN'S WORT Information

See products with ST. JOHN'S WORT

9/21/2014 8:35:19 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
I've been all my life since I was a teenager with anxiety and many depression periods. Due to that I've been struggling in many aspects of my life, jobs, friendships and even in my spirituality. Many years with ssri like sertraline but always finding that a bad option and with many side effects. St.john's wort is for me as effective as sertraline. I had to experience to find the optima ... Show Full Comment

9/4/2014 9:19:35 PM

Reviewer: anonymous, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month

Comment:
For Depression St Johns Wort does work. it makes you feel a sense of well being and lifts your mood. HOWEVER.. I do suffer from depression and have treated with prescriptions as well. I want to caution people who do not treat professionally. YOU FEEL BETTER ONLY temporarily.. then when it wears off YOU FEEL YOUR DOWN almost 10 times more because it lfted you up. This does NOT replace a Dr giving ... Show Full Comment

9/3/2014 11:52:27 PM

Reviewer: Sparkle, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
I took St. John's Wort for about a week with no ill effects. Then my depression and anxiety got worse very suddenly. It also caused me to have trouble sleeping and to get a pain in my stomach so bad it felt as if I had food poisoning. The side effects were just too uncomfortable to keep taking it.

8/30/2014 5:41:57 AM

Reviewer: Annonymous, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Consumer)

Comment:
I have found that it helps me immeasurably. Without it, I just hurt all the time. With it, I feel normal and can function effectively.

8/1/2014 1:04:12 PM

Reviewer: 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Flaxseed added fiber