User Reviews & Ratings - DHEA

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of DHEA.

«DHEA Information

3/12/2014 12:25:13 PM

Reviewer: bchavou1, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
Although I take type 2 diabetes medicine. I take 1 after breakfast. My sugar is usually from 104 to 127 when I wake up after breakfast I take DHEA and my reading is between 89 and 97 and I stay regulated all day.

2/19/2014 3:21:50 PM

Reviewer: Barb, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Consumer)

Comment:
During annual menopausal blood screening, my DHEA was very low. Didn't even know they check for this hormone. Was told by my P.A. that I needed to take 25mg daily. When I ask why, the answer was "Without it, you should have no energy. It's the mother of all hormones."

3/14/2011 9:04:02 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
I am 42 year old female taking 75 mg per day: 50 in the morning and 25 in the afetrnoon. I am taking it for fertility issues under doctor supervision, but the supplement is an over the counter brand sold at CVS. I don't know about the fertility issues yet as I have only been on it for 1 1/2 months, but I have energy again. I can get up in the morning feeling good, my libido has returned, and ... Show Full Comment

3/5/2011 10:15:41 PM

Reviewer: zilwiki, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
While on 25 mg/day of DHEA I developed pimples at age 56, and began experiencing hair growth in odd places including forehead. This new hair began driving out my normal hair on scalp. No positive results I could detect. Unfortunately I cannot sue.

4/20/2010 6:50:13 PM

Reviewer: Lovey, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Consumer)

Comment:
My daughter had severe asthma. A friend was taking DHEA for bone density and she used to be a severe asthmatic. She said she no longer has asthma attacks and did not for seven years which correlated with the time period she took DHEA. I decided to buy some OTC and my daughter took it along with her usual asthma medications. She has not had an asthma attack for over five years since taking the supp ... Show Full Comment

St Johns wart