User Reviews & Ratings - 5-HTP

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of 5-HTP.

«5-HTP Information

See products with 5-HTP

12/6/2010 8:15:15 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Caregiver)

Comment:
This is the best supplement I have taken ever! Look, I've suffered from insomnia, depression, chronic insomnia, and panic disorder. And if I'm telling you this works, than believe me go try it. I have been on so many medications that I had terrible side effects and decided I needed a change. And boy I'm glad I did the alternative route. When you take 5 HTP, just make sure you take it w ... Show Full Comment

8/18/2010 12:20:42 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year

Comment:
Gave me more anxiety

8/6/2010 4:34:49 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
I took 5-HTP that I purchased from a popular warehouse chain. The first night I started it I had a horrible nightmare that I don't think I would of been able to go to sleep afterwards had my husband not been right next to me. It helps with appetite control but I found if you don't continue with it you become more hungry. I was as hungry as a bear one day I did not take this. Also othere sh ... Show Full Comment

7/17/2010 11:26:45 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Consumer)

Comment:
have taken every SSRI on the list and nothing has worked. My last attempt was to try Pristiq, but that made me sit there all day shaking my foot and clenching my fist. I decided to try 5-hhtp and with one dose (25mcg) i could feel calm wash over me. Best anti anxiety and depression cure for me so far. I'm sticking with it.

7/15/2010 11:43:57 AM

Reviewer: Jul, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Consumer)

Comment:
After having had unsatisfactory results over the years with various medications, I found this solution reccomended on Dr Amen's website, after having used 5-HTP in conjunction with fish oil and coQ13 since 1/10, I can honestly say that I feel BETTER!

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Flaxseed added fiber