User Reviews & Ratings - 5-HTP

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of 5-HTP.

«5-HTP Information

See products with 5-HTP

12/27/2012 4:56:00 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Consumer)

Comment:

Reason for taking: Depression
4/9/2013 2:39:16 PM

Reviewer: Jacqui, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Consumer)

Comment:
Been taking this supplement for over two years, once a day in the am 100mg. Works for me, tried Prozac and Lexapro did not like side effects.

3/7/2013 8:17:23 AM

Reviewer: Lupette, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Brand Product: Other

Comment:
After the death of my husband I was very low. Since taking 5HTP I feel amazingly better.

5/6/2013 11:29:54 AM

Reviewer: ivon3982, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
Started taking this 4 days ago! On the first day i had an emotional breakdown! I cried over everything. Then My mood has changed and I am a lot more easy going and I feel great! I feel relaxed and my anxiety has decreased along with my depression! Only thing I am dealing with now is a massive headache and I just cant get enough sleep! Like I want to sleep all the time cause I am so tired. Not sur ... Show Full Comment

4/9/2013 9:07:00 PM

Reviewer: enkindled, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Consumer)

Comment:
I take a very small amount of 5-htp (15-25mg) daily each morning if I start to feel a case of the blues. Within a day or two of taking it I feel productive and happy again. I don't take it continuously...only for about a week. Afterwards, I can typically come off of it with lasting results. I also take it occasionally to ward off PMS with decent results.

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Flaxseed added fiber