Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

User Reviews & Ratings - BITTER MELON

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of BITTER MELON.

«BITTER MELON Information

See products with BITTER MELON

1/2/2014 10:00:57 AM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
Bitter Melon works better for me to lower my blood sugar when I slice it, remove the seeds and eat it raw in slices or strips. I eat it about 3 times a day, about 8 slices at a time. It seems to at least drop my blood sugar 20-30 pts at a time. It's just cumbersome to prepare to remove the seeds. It really doesn't taste too bad after you get used to eating it. I also juiced it and it d ... Show Full Comment

1/1/2014 1:20:34 AM

Reviewer: Eddie B., 55-64 Male (Consumer)

Comment:
Amerimed 600 mg bitter melon is what has worked for me. Tried puritans bitter melon. Puritans did not work well. Please post brand to save everyone time. Just a follow-up. Good luck... Eddie B.

11/4/2013 6:41:51 PM

Reviewer: Eddie B., 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
It has been able to help me down from the 350+ range. Now seldom see 200. Started working immediately for me. I do not take any prescriptions. I monitor blood sugar carefully. Now on no sugar, very low carbs. I take 1200 mg of bitter melon in pill form four times a day. I test my blood sugar 4 times per day or more. I started on 1- 450 mg pill at first, three times per day. Slowly increased mg ... Show Full Comment

6/21/2012 9:16:17 AM

Reviewer: bellecat, 45-54 Female (Consumer)

Comment:
I have been diagnosed diabetic for 4 years. I was using prescribtion drugs without much success then I heard about this vegetable. After the first use my blood sugar drop from about 12 to 8. The only side effect I might have developed was a mild belly ache.

4/21/2011 3:51:43 PM

Reviewer: fulvietta, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Consumer)

Comment:
I was diagnosed with Type II diabetes in 2005. I'm on Byetta 10mg, Metformin 500mg, Glimepiride 4mg. There have been a few times that my blood sugar was over 200 and I made some bitter melon tea. One hour later my blood sugar was down by 40 points. It seems to be working for me, to lower my blood sugar.

vitamin rich groceries
Do you know your vitamin ABCs?
St Johns wart
Ease hot flashes and other symptoms.

Are you getting enough?