User Reviews & Ratings - NIACIN AND NIACINAMIDE VITAMIN B3

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of NIACIN AND NIACINAMIDE VITAMIN B3.

«NIACIN AND NIACINAMIDE VITAMIN B3 Information

See products with NIACIN AND NIACINAMIDE VITAMIN B3

10/29/2009 2:32:00 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:
Prescribed for triglycerides....three weeks ago. Extreme flushing and burning/tingling sensations. Aspirin doesn't seem to help. Curious about the "non-flushing" variety.

10/25/2009 10:40:54 AM

Reviewer: dog, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
The flushing I can handle but the itching that lasts for hours is insane. I've stopped using this drug. Aspirin did not help

10/25/2009 8:08:10 AM

Reviewer: Ellen, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Caregiver)

Comment:
You must take flush-free niacin to prevent the itching and rash. It works wonderful. According to an article in Prevention Magazine, you must take at least 2000 mg/day to lower your HDL and triglicerides. My next cholesterol check is in 2 months, and I can't wait to see the results.

10/20/2009 12:19:52 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female (Consumer)

Comment:
I took just one night and the side effects frightened me. I woke up and felt like I was sleeping on a bed of hot coals. My face was swollen and I had red circles under my eyes. I looked like I had on a fright mask. I had a hard time functioning at work the next day. I can't take the statins because I get really bad leg aches. Trying to lower my cholesterol by diet.

10/11/2009 11:45:43 PM

Reviewer: Laura, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
Since starting this drug a little over 3 months ago I have experienced major problems with falling asleep. Even taking the naicin in the morning has not helped. I have to take something every evening to fall asleep and even then it takes me more than an hour. This is new for me. I haven't had problems with flushing and only take 500 mg daily.

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Flaxseed added fiber