User Reviews & Ratings - Niacin (NIACIN AND NIACINAMIDE (VITAMIN B3))

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Niacin (NIACIN AND NIACINAMIDE (VITAMIN B3)).

«Niacin (NIACIN AND NIACINAMIDE (VITAMIN B3)) Information

See products with Niacin (NIACIN AND NIACINAMIDE (VITAMIN B3))

9/20/2009 8:48:42 PM

Reviewer: JJ, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Consumer)

Comment:
I have been taking 2000 mg of Niacin for 8 months. My Triglycerides have gone down 149 points.(That's almost unreal) My HDL has gone up 15 points.(Now it's above normal) But my LDL has gone up 40 points.(I guess I can't change my genetics). My doctor recommended increasing to 3000 mg of Niacin for 3 months before she puts me on a low does medication to bring my LDL down. It did take m ... Show Full Comment

9/20/2009 8:25:46 PM

Comment:
The burning sensation was very severe, with aspirin not helping at all. It caused extreme pain keeping me from sleeping. The drug stayed in my system through the next day.

9/11/2009 6:18:49 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
Since I have started using this med. I've had itching all over my legs. I have tried anti-itch meds. but they seem to have no effect

8/20/2009 11:07:41 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Comment:

Reason for taking: Cholesterol
8/18/2009 2:39:48 PM

Reviewer: BLS, 45-54 Female (Caregiver)

Comment:
does anyone experience extrem sweating with this???

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Flaxseed added fiber