User Reviews & Ratings - vitamin d

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of vitamin d.

«vitamin d Information

See products with vitamin d

8/24/2008 11:51:11 PM

Reviewer: psychprof99, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Brand Product: Other

Comment:
I've been taking 50,000 units once a week for about 6 weeks, and my Vit. D levels are now within normal range after being very low. That's great, but my stomach is starting to be very unhappy with this dosage, with nausea, nasty reflux (I won't ever take it without food again), and loose bowels. I'm beginning to think it's doing more harm than good.

8/14/2008 9:53:26 AM

Reviewer: experienced patient, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Brand Product: Other

Comment:
After two 50,000 unit doses in one week, the tiredness I had been experiencing for months markedly improved. However, I have terrible stomach/abdominal pain for an entire day after I take it.

7/27/2008 5:06:03 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Consumer)

Brand Product: Other

Comment:

Reason for taking: Other
5/13/2008 3:22:07 AM

Reviewer: plbell627, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Consumer)

Brand Product: Other

Comment:
I used to get cramps in my ankles so sevre that I had to get up and walk them out. I was told by a co-worker that her mother takes this for cramps. I have been taking this for over 2 years and I don't get the cramps anymore. I use dosage 1000 IU per day. Try it.

5/3/2008 3:53:15 PM

Reviewer: alanturner, 75 or over Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Brand Product: Other

Comment:
I lost 50-75% of my back pain just a day after taking 50,000 IU of Vitamin D. As I just started this "treatment" I will wait to see wht happens say within a month.

Man taking a vitamin or supplement

Flaxseed added fiber