User Reviews & Ratings - XYLITOL

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of XYLITOL.

«XYLITOL Information

See products with XYLITOL

6/7/2015 8:46:43 AM

Reviewer: Emily, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Consumer)

Comment:
I use Xylimelts lozenges for dry mouth. They work wonderfully well but I have developed a cough since using. The cough sometimes lasts half the night. I have been taking meds for the cough but don't like doing that. So, I am in a quandary as to whether to continue use or not.

3/12/2015 1:32:31 AM

Reviewer: granny1, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Consumer)

Comment:
I have developed an adverse action from xylitol in mouthwashes, dry mouth treatments, e.g., Xylimints, etc. Use of products with xylitol make my mouth very sore resulting in blister-like adhesions on the edge of my tongue.

2/28/2015 10:12:40 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Consumer)

Comment:
Used for dry mouth. Worked well for that for about 2 months until I got a sore, inflamed mouth and swollen,dry lips. I quit taking it, things got worse and I went to an oral med. doc who gave me meds to clear things up. Since the Xylimelts worked so well, I tried them again just in case my mouth issue was a coincidence. Within two days, my mouth is sore again.

12/15/2014 3:07:15 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female (Consumer)

Comment:
Turns out I react to this very much as I do every other alternative sweetener I've tried. I don't get the migraine with this one but my throat closes, even with just the amount in a piece of gum (which is how I discovered the reaction)

10/23/2014 4:18:33 PM

Reviewer: jan, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Consumer)

Brand Product: Other

Comment:
gave me a severe case of diarrhea.

vitamin rich groceries
Do you know your vitamin ABCs?
St Johns wart
Ease hot flashes and other symptoms.

Are you getting enough?