Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Directory
Carbon monoxide poisoning happens when you breathe too much carbon monoxide, a gas produced by burning any type of fuel -- such as gas, oil, kerosene, wood, or charcoal. You can't see, smell, or taste carbon monoxide. But if you breathe too much of it, it can become deadly within minutes. Follow the links below to find WebMD's comprehensive coverage about carbon monoxide poisoning, what it looks like, how to treat it, and more.
Protecting Your Home From Smoke, Gas, And Fire
Learn more from WebMD about preventing and fighting fires in your home.
How to Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Carbon monoxide is a gas we can’t see or smell. Gas ovens, grills, cars and other machines that burn fuel can release the fumes if they’re broken or used the wrong way. Learn how to stay safe and prevent poisoning.
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Treatment
WebMD explains first aid steps for treating carbon monoxide poisoning.