What questions can I ask my doctor about my new prescription?
You may want to ask:
- What is the prescription and what is it for?
- How much do I take, how often, and for how long?
- Does it matter what time of day I take this drug?
- What side effects should I watch for?
- What should I do if I have a bad reaction?
- How will this drug affect other medicines I take?
- Will it affect vitamins, herbal supplements, or foods?
- Are there other prescription, over-the-counter, or generic drugs I could take instead?
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.