You may plan to bottle feed your baby exclusively. Or you may choose to supplement breastfeeding with bottle feeding. Either way, this handy checklist can help you prepare for bottle feeding and bonding with your baby.
- Check out formula types: powdered, liquid, and ready to use.
- Ask your pediatrician which formula is best for your baby.
- Ask your doctor for a feeding chart.
- Gather bottles, nipples, rings, caps.
- Be sure bottles are BPA-free (labeled 2, 4, 5, recyclable).
- Do a practice run. Wash bottles, prepare formula.
- Learn how best to store unused formula.
- Stay prepared by storing extra bottles in your diaper bag.
- If you plan to breastfeed along with bottle feeding, talk to your OB about how to freeze breast milk.