Mary | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months |
5/15/2020
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I am 54 years old woman and never had any health issues except about 5 months ago when I went for my annual physical and my Doctor told me that I have high blood pressure. He put me on Triamterene 37.5mg. For the first couple of months everything seem to have been ok but slowly I started with this warm red rash and swelling on my hands, feeds and then my face started to swell up with the same warm rash and came with chills and body aces. I ended up at ER and the doctors there told me that I might have some kind of autoimmune disease. Had to see Rheumatologist. She did a bunch of blood tests (waiting for results) but also told me that I might be allergic to the BP med and should switch. I have switched to a different BP med (Amlodipine) and with that one I started immediately with racing/pounding heartbeat, light headed and a swelling. Therefore, I figured my body does not like any of these Bb meds. So I decided to stop taking the meds and start with a healthy, high potassium diet.. I will see what happens but warning, if you experience any of the above reactions, please consult your Doctor. You know your body best! Also, I am so grateful for these reviews, It helped me a lot in figuring out what is wrong with me. And no, I don’t think I have any kind of autoimmune disease, I truly believe all my issues are/were caused by these Bb meds.

ShopaholicDeb | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/20/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Best medication I’ve ever been given. I was gaining so much weight dieting and exercise would give me a little results but I was having a tremendous problem with extremely high blood pressure. The doctor gave me this and after two weeks my blood pressure is down my headaches are gone and I lost 15 pounds; that’s how much water I was retaining. I’m also less hungry; I love this medication and I never even heard of it before the doctor gave it to me. For me it’s a miracle drug.

jhozings77 | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/26/2018
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I've been taking it for a week. I have experienced being lightheaded, having a foggy brain, and a heart flutter for 2 days. After a week, still experiencing the above, but nothing with my heart. Breathing can be labored sometimes. I don't notice a difference in blood pressure drop. Doctor's appointment tomorrow to discuss issues. Currently dieting to drop weight with intention of getting off the medication.

wattmay | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/7/2018
Condition: High Blood Pressure

while taking this medicine, my urine had a loud indescribable foul smell, I also had a cough and congestion, as if I had a cold. I had feelings of not being able to properly breath. 2 days after stopping this medicine, my symptoms went away. To think I felt this way for 3 months OMG!!!!

Rich | 75 or over | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
1/25/2018
Condition: High Blood Pressure

After about two years of taking this med my BP averaged 117/76. Side effects: morning dizziness and sometimes at bedtime and occasional dry mouth. Decided to take every other day instead of daily. Result after two months: no change. Tried eliminating med and after three days BP went up to 140/90. Resumed drug 4 times per week. In two weeks I will test and may have to resume daily dose. Side effects minor so I'll continue good diet and regular exercise.