I have had acid reflux at night -for years when I sleep. breath it into my lungs. could not get air, burn . have taken nexeum and privacid (very expencive,8or $900for three mo.) not totaly efective. Dr. told me to try over counter walmart-Equate cimetidine 200mg. $6.97, 60tabs ( = Tagamet HB 200 ) Have not had a prob. for 9 months!

Have acid reflux for many years. Tried this med for one night. Didn't take away my acid and would not let me sleep. Made my heart pound hard and fast. Not for me.

Carolyn | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/29/2020
Condition: Heartburn

I suffer from heartburn at least once a week. I took prilosec as it works better, but I can't afford to keep buying it. Cimetidine doesn't take away all of the reflux.

Heartburnfree | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/25/2020
Condition: Excessive Production of Stomach Acid

I have only been taking this medication for a short time but my heart burn is gone and I am not getting woke up at night with burning in my stomach, throat or chest. Prior to starting this med I ate time like candy with no help.

Zjaktkz | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
6/8/2018
Condition: Bleeding from Stomach, Esophagus or Duodenum

Nothing I fill fine

Bruce | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
10/27/2015
Condition: Condition in which Stomach Acid is Pushed Into the Esophagus

Have taken this 1/dy at bedtime 200 mg for two years now, with GE consult, in-lieu of Nexium 40mg for GERD and Barretts. Have noted tingling and numbness in feet and significant ED arising. Otherwise it reduced acid just fine. Use Tum's during the day.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/18/2014
Condition: Stomach Ulcer from Aspirin or Ibuprofen-Like Drugs

My doctor used to give me lots of drugs for my nasal polyps and nasal problems. This resulted in a terrible stomach which turned out to be ulcer(s). I was put on various different treatments for ulcers, all worked but then the nasal polyps returned and the treatment for them caused the stomach to be disrupted again. Was given 2 x 400 cimetidine a day. It took some time to work and it has side effects which I can cope with (on and off cough, hurting shoulder, feeling heavier) but it has helped with the stomach and my nasal problems and the blocked ear and constant headaches. Turns out I probably have GERD which can send stuff up to nose/head etc causing these problems. I am wary of continuing to take it forever but the alternative might be an operation. So as I like to take control of things and do my best towards being well I take two multi vitamins each day, garlic,iotics and yoghurt and various other supplements as my research showed that cimetidine eradicates your white cell count, which can be dangerous if you do not replace them.