Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of metformin oral.

4/7/2019 12:48:29 PM

Reviewer: tinz, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    i have been taking this meds 500 mg 2x/day for a week. no side effect at all for me. i've lost 1.5 lbs in a week!

2/23/2019 9:38:24 AM

Reviewer: Miss Nick, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    This medication caused my blood sugar to drop so low that I ended up in the ER not knowing who I was or what I was doing. I hated it.

8/2/2018 12:50:41 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I took 1 dose, and my entire GI system suffered. I started with stomach cramps, which led to extremely watery bowels as well as painful bowels and nausea. That night my stomach was so distended I couldn't sleep and every time I turned over I could feel the gases shift. Pain was a 10 out of 10. It took 4 days to get my body back to normal.

6/30/2018 1:16:35 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I started taking this twice a day. 500 mg twice a day. Before I started taking it my a1c was 7.3. After 3 or 4 months my a1c is now 6.2. I had no bad side effects at first. My bowel movements were hard but thats about it. It has now been 3 or 4 months and I am sick to my stomach. I have explosive diarrhea now and cannot leave the bathroom. I have to work for a living so I had to quit taking ... Show Full Comment

5/6/2018 10:13:30 PM

Reviewer: tom0303, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Blood glucose ranging from 170-300 both AM and PM. A1C consistently at ~7.0. Now on Metformin 1000mgX2 for 2 weeks. One day of diarrhea. No response yet but hoping for drops in number. Allergic to all forms of exercise so relying on diet and medicine.

bald woman smelling flowers
    Complementary therapies to ease symptoms.
    diabetes highlighted
    4 early warning signs.
    Senior woman using diabetes test kit
    Each one takes 10 minutes or less.
    woman having a good day