To all of you who are thinking of stopping the medication because of weight gain, feeling like a zombie, those terrible nightmares, lack of sex drive, etc... I too have had all of these side effects. Before starting treatment on Remeron coupled with Lexapro (after trying every other drug on the market and suffering for 5+ years) I truly was ready to die. I had no will to live, I was angry at every...

Ive been mad depressed for as long as i can remember. i was finally diagnosed a few months back. when diagnosed they began many drug regiment non of which helpped without the side effects outweighing the benifits. then i got remeron or whatever you call it a month ago. take it, fall asllep, insane nightmares,cold sweats, shortness of breath...ive pissed my bed twice since i been on it and i havent...

JENNIFER | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/11/2021
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

I've been on a lot of medications over the years for my anxiety and depression.. I've taken effexor for quite some time and that keeps my anxiety at bay but wasn't doing anything for my depression. The doctors had me try welburtin (which was horrible!!) So they put me on remeron and it's amazing. I'm finally starting to feel human and want to do things again.

Taylor H | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/14/2021

So far, being on this medication has been great. I was struggling to sleep at night due to my anxiety. I couldn't even tell you how long its been since I actually slept through the night. I was taking Ativan to help me sleep, but I didn't want to be on Benzos as my family struggles with addiction. ANYWAYS, 3 weeks being on this medication I have not had one sleepLESS night!! I sleep all night long and I am forever grateful for that. I also have noticed some appetite increase, especially at night time but in my case, that's beneficial. My anxiety caused me to be underweight by over 10 pounds. I have been able to start gaining that weight back and haven't lost any more weight at all. So far, so good! I also smoke weed a lot lol and that hasn't affected this medication. I've also had a couple drinks with these meds and no interactions have occurred for me. I highly recommend this pill if you have trouble sleeping and with being underweight. Also thought I should add, other anti-depressants made me feel sick to my stomach, this is the only pill that doesn't make me feel nauseated.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Patient
10/4/2020
Condition: Depression

I was switched to this from zoloft which I had been on for many years, and have had literally every side effect that is listed for zoloft. I am on day #3 of Mirtazapine and this morning I am terribly nauseous, all 3 days sleeping 10 hours and not able to "get up" as such. Very foggy and very tired. 15 mg right now. I am not sure about this one!

Lucy | 55-64 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
6/30/2020
Condition: Posttraumatic Stress Syndrome

As soon as I started taking this medication my allergy to cannabis was gone. I used to be highly allergic to touching the plant and could never trim it after growing it and had to get others to do it for me. After a few days I noticed I cold actually wrap myself i it and had NO reaction. I've had allergies before and this took them away completely. I asked my doctor about it and she told me it has an antihistamine in it and that is what makes your tired. I was amazed at the difference it has made. Also, my emotion scale has gone from being highly emotional and over the top, to being normal. I'm more focused and less reactive. I do get the shakes a bit after I take it but I go right to bed and it puts me to sleep really well. I have noticed I am getting pains in my arms and legs sometimes that can't be explained with blood tests so I'm wondering if this is a side effect. I would like to find that out.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/10/2019

I only gave stars because it is indicated as a requirement. I AM NOT TAKING AN ANTIDEPRESSANT FOR INTERSTITIAL CYSTITIS>