I have IBS and take metamucil 3x/day. It has helped me TREMENDOUSLY! Not only do I have clean, smooth bowel movements, metamucil has been extremely beneficial for my digestive system. Foods no longer give me stomach aches and I am no longer constipated! Trust me when I say this stuff is truly the miracle I needed to feel good everyday. It taste great! No gritty and grainy drink at all.

If ya don't mind choking and pooping crap then go head and make your day lol

Sharon Slayton | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month |
9/14/2022

I am have been using the power form of metamucil for 6 days, and seen the results already. I am liking what it has done for my everyday activities. I have decided to make this product my everyday plan.

Ann | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/8/2022
Condition: Irritable Colon

Reduced intestinal cramps, complete stools

Edd |
1/1/2022

Checking the ingredients, I saw maltodextrin, which has a glycemic index far higher than table sugar. I cant believe they give that to old people.

Preskit | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
9/20/2020
Condition: Irritable Colon

I used to use Metamucil constantly, but now I have two issues with it. The regular product has way too much sugar in the mix, which is bad for those watching sugar intake. The sugar free product has an artificial sweetener, aspartame, which is very unhealthy for those with kidney disease. I would have liked to continue its use but they offer nothing I could use safely.

Lisa | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/3/2020
Condition: Incomplete or Infrequent Bowel Movements

This review is also in answer to a previous comment and question by someone here, about the frequent need to urinate after taking Metamucil. The same thing happened to me and I nearly ended up on a kidney dialysis machine, because I believe Metamucil triggered a problem in my bladder that I didn't know about.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month |
1/13/2020

I tried it for the first time today and noticed a frequent need to urinate. Also feeling a lot of Pressure on my bladder! I tried to research it as a side effect and can’t find any information. Except for a few reviews of people claiming same thing. I’m wondering if it’s safe to continue to use it!

happy crapper | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
6/11/2018

If ya don't mind choking and pooping crap then go head and make your day lol

Anonymous | 55-64 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
9/19/2016
Condition: Incomplete or Infrequent Bowel Movements

I have been taking this for about 10 years. I do not take three doses per day, I take one glass mixed with a tablespoon in the evening. In the morning it works great. You have to drink it fast before it gels because it will choke you but this is described in packaging. It also has an additional benefit. At times I would get those "sticky" poos that would never wipe clean. Felt messy, was messy, and had to re-wipe all day. After taking this its fixed. One or two wipes and your clean. I swear by this stuff. Had colonoscopy's and the results have been fantastic so far but that's just me. I feel healthier and better taking it. It makes a difference!Read More Read Less

Lewy | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
11/2/2015

My Gastrolgist told me use Metamucil daily to help prevent pulyps from forming in my colon. The results have been very favorable with zero pulyps in my last colonoscopy. I was pleasantly surprised that my Cholesterol went from 210 down to 187. I do not take any cholesterol drugs. My bowel movements are regular and smooth. One teaspoon a day using Metamucil sugar free orange flavor works great for me. It is like drinking Tang. Super product!!

Anonymous | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/31/2015
Condition: Incomplete or Infrequent Bowel Movements

i have ben afraid to take the required dose 3 times a day as the produce contains aspertame, an artificial sweetener. Also i live in Costa Rica and it is very expensive here.

It works | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
5/14/2015
Condition: Incomplete or Infrequent Bowel Movements

I've been using this every day for at least 5 years. I still have to watch what I eat and make sure I eat plenty of veggies and this stuff usually works like a charm.

Sherry | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/19/2014
Condition: Incomplete or Infrequent Bowel Movements

I started having sevier stomach pain. It felt like an ulcer or that my hiatal hernia was acting up. My doctor took exrays and found nothing but constipation.

antony | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/8/2014

lower colesterol

michael | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/18/2014
jo | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/19/2014

helps lower and stablize morning bl sugar

Fugitive | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
1/7/2014

Metamucil has given me the regularity that I need! I works in a timely manner and leaves me feeling "completely emptied" and satisfied! It's a great product at least for me!

Joelee | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month |
10/15/2013

After a week of taking Metamucil, frequent urination and a burning sensation when I urinate was experienced. Stopped after three days of use.....

Alysha | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
8/29/2013

Have had severe bloating problems since I was 15, began taking this about 1.5 years ago and couldn't be happier! Feeling MUCH more comfortable, with the added bonus of less gas and easier b.m. Also helped me to lose some weight together with better diet and exercise. I just have to make sure I remember to take it!

Anonymous | 75 or over | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/5/2013

softened very hard stool

van33 | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Caregiver
6/21/2013

I am a nurse and I gave it many times daily, developing a sensitivity to the powder it emits in the air. I began having respiratory symptoms when preparing it. Don't inhale while preparing it.