I've had UC for 13 years and would have a flare-up twice a year for 2 to 3 months at a time, every year! (seasonal) This drug has gotten me off Prednisone which I loved too but wasn't healthy for me. My doctor gave me this drug and I love it! I've been in remission for the first time since I started this drug. I take 50mg daily and I have no side effects and I have my life back!!!!

slow improvement

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/29/2020
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

IT'S GOING TO TAKE TIME. GOOD SO FAR.

TankGirl | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
7/3/2020

I have Behçet’s Disease. Azathioprine was supposed to help with the oral ulcers I experienced, and had going on for two years. It helped a little, but the sores would still return, just not as often. After taking it for six months I realized that the bottoms of my feet hurt, both of my knees hurt, my hips hurt and so did my shoulders and hands. My doctor changed me to Humira and so far it is helping.

Bobby Ray | 65-74 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
12/23/2019
Condition: Crohn's Disease

Iâ??ve had Crohnâ??s for over 50 years. I’ve been on Azathioprene for over 13years after my second surgery. I’ve been in remission ever since. Some joint pain, but very tolerable. Doctor wants me to change to a biologic due to increased risk of lymphoma. I take 175 mg per day in the morning after a meal. Since I’ve lost about 3 feet of intestine, I take cholestyramine. I have to wait about 3 hours so it doesn’t interfere with the azathioprine.

IrishEnglish | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/7/2018
Condition: Liver Inflammation caused by Body's Own Immune Response

Two weeks into treatment I acquired pneumonia, never had it before in my life. 3 weeks in, at a dosage of 50mg, nausea started, but I fought it off. 4th week, the Dr increased my dosage to 100mgs. I went out in the sun for 15 min and my nose blistered up that night. Avoid sunlight! 5th week, the vomiting started, no holding it back. Every day more vomiting about half an hour after taking the pill, and then blood in my urine (UTI) never had that problem in my life, also started having fluid in my ear and ear canal infection. I quit the medicine and 2 weeks later I still can't go out in the sun and am having more infections. I believe this medicine also caused my hep C treatment to fail (Mavyret). The Dr told me to take both medicines concurrently. Big mistake. I haven't been the same since I took azathioprine. I just hope I recover my immune system at some point. Ironically, my new Dr is not so sure I have an autoimmune disease. Need more tests, but now I have to do another treatment for hep C. IF I can get approval from the insurance company. I have experienced some hair loss. :(

kadydid60 | 55-64 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
8/19/2017
Condition: Prevention of Lung Transplant Rejection

I have been taking this for 33 years. Had first transplant 2/84. Second transplant 6/16. I have thousands of lesions from this and the sun. Have had squamous cell cancer 3 times in the last 2 1/2 years. Have been getting lesions froze, they do like 20-30 at a time. I feel like I get lots more all the time. No way for me to keep up with just the bigger ones little lone all the thousands of others. But along with the prednisone It has worked for the last 33 years. Since my second transplant I am taking prograf as well.