I was taking DiovanHCT 320mg with Amilodipine and my BP's were 160-185/100-115. I no longer take the Amilodipine. I take Coreg CR 80mg and my BP's are down in normal range and my heart rate is finely under 90 bpm.

Day to day my heart rate and Blood pressure readings are all over the chart even though my lifestyle is somewhat sedentary. I am 72. Doctor changed me from 50mg Toprol xl to Coreg cr 10mg because my pulse rate was typically high 40's. Quadruple bypass very successful in 2002. Retired in 2005. I work out about 30 minutes on treadmill twice a week and 20 on weight machines. I have not been work...

paul | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
2/2/2014
Condition: High Blood Pressure
[email protected] | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
3/17/2013
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I have been on Coreg CR since 2005 after quadruple by-pass surgery. I als take Norvasc 5mg. and Losartin 100mg. per day along with the Coreg. Have progressive worsening of pain in muscle and joints, numbness and pain and tinglinging in legs and feet. Would like to know if this drug or combinations of drugs I take could be giving me these symptoms.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
10/14/2012
Condition: High Blood Pressure

has helped my blood pressure and lowered my fast heart rate

cjgolden | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
5/25/2012
Condition: High Blood Pressure

My doctor has tried me on several different BP meds, but this one seems to have more side effects than the others. I am unable to sleep, have increased appetite, thirst, exhaustion. Working now to get off this stuff!

alice | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
3/25/2012