While Ziana was effective at treating my acne, I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis within a year of usage - having no previous IBD symptoms. I researched and found that Ziana was a replacement for Accutane which was pulled from FDA approval for known IBD complications. I am sorry, but getting rid of my acne isn't worth having a chronic irritable bowel disease for the rest of my life!

I followed the directions by using a pea size amount of gel on my face for 2 days. When I woke up on the 3rd day, I had broken out in a horrible dark red rash on my face. Over the following 3 days, the rash proceeded to spread all over my body, including my palms and bottoms of my feet. The rash is extremely itchy and I am miserable. I have been running a fever as high as 101 F throughout the day ...

ziana user | 35-44 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
7/11/2018
Condition: Acne

Exellent product,the best I've ever tried for acne and blemishes and I've tried multiple products over 30 years. It really minimizes acne and acne scarring for me

Emily | 13-18 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/24/2017
Condition: Acne

I have been using this for the last 6 months once a day. My doctor said this would treat and prevent my acne without drying out my skin. I haven't noticed a big change in my skin. Since I started using this, my pimples went away, however I still get frequent whiteheads and blackheads. Overall, its not drying at all, but I will probably ask for a different acne cream next time.

Lilypad | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/23/2016
Condition: Acne

Well as for me I'm on my 2nd month with ziana. My skin is still purging with small white heads and minimal skin flaking. I have noticed some smoother areas on my face and brighter skin on chin. I'm still gonna stick to using it faithfully like my dermatologist instructed. I'm being positive, patience is the key. I'm hoping I will see more better improvement in another month. I will post another review soon.

jshdjvdjdbhdjf | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
5/27/2016
Condition: Acne

I have the dryest and most sensitive skin ever. I started using this product about two years ago and in the long run, my skin looks SO much better. I used to have awful acne, I couldn't tough my face without feeling tons of bumps, and now I only get an occasional 1 or 2 zits if I'm super stressed or not drinking enough water. But for everyone who's only been using it a week or so and is worried, don't be. I didn't start seeing results until I had been using it for about 6 months. Just moisturize moisturize MOISTURIZE! I cannot stress this enough! 1. wash your face. 2. ziana. 3. moisturize (one without any oils or harsh chemicals or harsh scents.) it burned me at first and now it doesn't in the slightest. give it time :)))

peesh | 7-12 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/20/2016
Condition: Acne

i have been taking ziana for almost a week and all it has done is burned my face, made it break out, and made it peel very bad. i am very scared of the IBD and bloody diarrhea i have read about. i have minor acne and i don't feel like messing up my internal organs for clear skin. ugh i don't know what to do honestly.