Tussicaps are almost like a miracle drug for those with an upper respiratory issue. Takes about 20 minutes to kick in, about an hour to be fully effective, and lasts 10-12 hours. Almost completely eliminates cough - even seemingly impossible severe coughing - while drying up the congestion. Causes a little lightheadedness if taken without food, but it's an acceptable side effect to kill the cou...

It is horrible! I had a very restless night. In the morning I was vomiting extremely dizzy, and had a horrible headache. I will NEVER take this medication again!

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/13/2015
jenni1989 | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/26/2013
Condition: Cough

I had developed a respiratory infection with a bad cough that was keeping me up all night and continuing in the day. I was not able to do my job because of the cough. My doctor prescribed me Tussicaps to go along with an antibiotic and the results are amazing. My cough has went away and I am able to go back to my job without any worry.

Tab | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/3/2013
Condition: Cough

I decided to see a doctor after about a week of coughing at night. It kept me up and looking back, I realized that I was afraid to go to sleep just because I knew I'd wake up coughing. The doctor prescribed the Tussicap and I took one when I got home. After about an hour or so, I noticed I was getting a little drowsy. A couple of hours later, I went to bed and.....I only woke up twice to get a drink of water (in which I had beside my bed). Bottom line...it worked!!! I didn't cough one time during the night. I got a great night's rest! I love this drug!!

KeithDTN | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/28/2012
Condition: Cold Symptoms

I was diagnosed with a severe cold, and strep throat. I had a cough on top of strep and a very sore throat. In the past I was always given a cough medication in the form of a liquid. This was the first time I took a capsule. Tussicaps was very effective in controlling my cough and the hydrocodone was effective in easing my painful throat and body aches from the strep. I did not suffer any allergic reactions to this medication. It did make me a little lethargic, but at the same time the medication made me feel like I had more energy, and overall I felt good since the pain was lessened, and my cough was supressed. I recommend taking Tussicaps when you are in your home settled for the evening. It will relax you as well since it has the narcotic "Hydrocondone." I was able to sleep well through the night and had no hangover effect when I woke up the next morning. In fact I felt rejuventated and well rested. I also recommend drinking lots of fluids with Tussicaps since it contains an allergy medication as well, so it will dry you up. You will also go to the bathroom less frequently and have no bowel movements during the time you take Tussicaps. I had less bowel movements, but it was not to the level I felt any discomfort. I highly recommend Tussicaps. Ask your Doctor for them the next time you are suffering from a severe cold and have trouble sleeping through the night. Tussicaps will certainly get you through your cold, and lessen the effects of severe colds. Gatorade is an excellent choice to drink as a source of replenishing your fluid levels in your body. Taking this medication, as well as drinking Gatorade should get you on the road to recovery quickly. Only negative about Tussicaps is it can make some people depend on it and make it habit forming for a few people since it does cause a warm, soothing, and relaxed feeling while taking the medication. For me it did not lead to a habit, except to take it when I am suffering from a severe cold.

KeithDTN | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient