I've been struggling with my BP for over two years. During this time period, I've tried several beta blockers and calcium channel blockers. Only Toprol XL effectively controlled my BP, however, I just couldn't deal with the side effects. Then my doctor introduced me to Bystolic (nebivolol). It has worked like a charm. It controls my BP and I no longer suffer from the side effects. I might grow a t...

Not sure if it is bothering by sinus and causing congestion

Young hypertens | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
9/20/2022
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Bystolic is wonderful. No side effects and well controlled blood pressure. The generic was a disaster for me. I'd wake up with my heart pounding, my heart rate and BP were all over the place. I felt very uncomfortable and asked my doc to demand the name brand. Insurance won't cover it, so I pay a ton. Worth every penny. I'm wondering what corners are being cut in India or China where the two generics I was alternately given are made...

Eva | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/15/2022
Condition: High Blood Pressure

My Medicare Advantage plan stopped paying for brand name Bystolic. I really like it and it kept my blood pressure fairly in the moderate rate. No side effects as promised by my Cardiologist NP. I've been taking the generic version for about 2 months now. At first I though I was doing well on it. Then the fatigue got very bad.Eyes even more blurry than usual. I was having extreme headaches and my sinus and ear pressure was intense. The pain in my neck and head prompted me to take my Blood Pressure 208/83. For 3 days it stayed high and I was in wicked head pain. Thank God I had an old sample of Bystolic 10 mg. Today is my 3rd day on it and I am starting to feel a little better.My Doc is working with me to appeal my insurance to make an exception to pay for the brand. Trust me, the generics are not the same and it really pisses me off! I have had many instances where I had very bad side effects, no side effects with the brand name. I have an auto-immune disease with many complications, but this generic brought my energy way down the drain.Read More Read Less

Not Good for me | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/31/2022
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I was started on Bystolic for hypertension. Two weeks after taking this medication I noticed I started having excruciating pain in my lower back only to discover this medication sent me into Acute Renal Failure. When I tried to urinate I could only produce a drop. I was scared I never had problems urinating before. Normally by flow is strong however it became very weak after taking this drug. I immediately stopped this medication three days my original urine flow was restored. I also noticed this drug had a negative effect on my vision. Prior to taking this medication I had no problems reading material off of my iPhone. Shortly after taking this medication I noticed when I tried to read material from my iPhone. I noticed I was squinting because when Iooked at the phone it burn my eyes. Overall, this is not the drug of choice for me I will pursue natural alternative.Read More Read Less

Bystolic | 19-24 | Female | Patient
5/31/2022
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Nebivolol was given to me 6 years ago. I was sick enough and weak I had to go to bed with each dose. Stopped it within a week, went back to Bystolic. Bystolic have been my BP med for 12 years, then my insurance would not pay for it. This is an excellent BP med with little or no side effects. I guess they can't make people sick with it, so they take it away from us. I have been put on Olmesartan Medoxomil 20mg. Makes my stomach and chest feel terrible. Will see my doctor again this week. I am praying. For a better bp med.Read More Read Less

Belle | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/15/2022
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I was on name brand 5 mg Bystolic for years. A few months ago my bp started going up so the dr switched me to 10 mg but the pharmacy gave me the new generic. I started having side effects I’d never had on the name brand and then my bp started really going up this past two weeks. I feel like crap. It’s scary high. This generic is not working at all. It’s like taking a placebo. My pharmacist gave me two weeks of name brand until I can get the rx refilled with name brand again. My bp is worse on 10 mg of generic than it was on 5 mg of name brand. Generics don’t always work and this one sure does not work for me at all. Will tell my doctor about this when I see him next week. Read More Read Less

Generic | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years |
4/3/2022
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Not sure if the generic brand has bothered my sinuses and given me congestion. Been on Bystolic for 2 years and a month after I started generic brand I've been congested.

YSI | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/10/2022
Condition: High Blood Pressure

(small round pale purple pill marked with 1355) Suddenly experiencing lower legs ankles feet swelling, with knots and cramping in left leg, and what looks like water puddles under the skin left leg only. Bystolic was amazing no side effects, Nebivolol has me scared (Bystolic's cost is an issue for me.)

K G S | 0-2 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/21/2021
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Bystolic works pretty well but the latest refill was generic. Have taken 4 doses (5mg) with the result of BP going back up in danger range, constant headache, increased chest discomfort & this morning my knuckles were very swollen & joints painful. Have spoken to doctor's office & they're ordering name brand.

Nebivolol | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/10/2021
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I was taking the brand Bystolic with no side effects. They changed to the generic Nebivolol and the side effects are horrible. Severe headaches, pounding heart rate dizziness to the point of fainting. I cannot take this medication. It is cheaper but not better.

evolva | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
4/23/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

very good for lowering my blood pressure, had to stop it because of Raynaud syndrome

shellymk | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/27/2015
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Starting taking Bystolic 10mg over 6 months ago. I have lowered my BP dramatically. I had little to no side effects. It really works. Amazing.

bonebux | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/15/2014

I am using it for tachycardia/palpitations. I would say that it works at least 60 percent of the time. I'm only taking 5 mg. I've had some side effects such as wierd stomach feelings and sometimes body pain or a slight fatigue. Now I've noticed some people have sleep issues on this drug. The reason I chose it is because I heard it has much less of a propensity to inhibit melatonin release than the other beta blocker drugs. I have extreme chronic insomnia and with this drug I don't notice it affecting my sleep. If anything my sleep is kind of better and I prefer taking the med at night with my sleep meds. I notice less daytime side effects this way as well. Seems best not taken near meal times. Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
3/24/2014
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I was on atenolol for 35 years, topped out and still bp problems. Nebivolol was the answer to my prayers. I don't have palpitations anymore and my bp is consistently closer to "normal". I feel so much better and I can't tell you what side effects I am experiencing.

nebivolol oral | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
3/2/2014
Condition: High Blood Pressure

blood pressure stabilised but blood test showed liver enzymes went up. wonder if I should continue with this

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | Patient
10/20/2013
Condition: Angina
Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/17/2013
Condition: Ventricular Rate Control in Atrial Fibrillation

Tightness of chest, difficulty in breathing , dizzyness, feeling weak

3atlast | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/10/2011
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I just can't believe this drug is too good to be true. I have suffered with hbp for years. Tried various drug combinations. Micardis was making me feel like a zombie. Thank God got of of Micardis and was using norvasc and hztc. Suffered with angina symptoms and bp in mid 130's/80's. Not bad for my age but angina a problem! Cardiologist put me on this drug. Instant effects dropped first day to 116/67. Amazing had to monitor bp did not drop to low. If so cardio said to cut in half from 10mg to 5mg. Now trying without Norvasc 120/67...unbelievable!!! So far no side effects other than sleeping and increased water intake. Nothing to worry about if this works I will be a very happy man. Will keep you posted.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 19-24 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/16/2010
Condition: High Blood Pressure

i was on tazloc -am before but my htn was not controlled by taking this its under control

Anonymous | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
9/2/2010
Condition: High Blood Pressure
ContractorA | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Caregiver
5/17/2010
Condition: High Blood Pressure

My husband has been on this medication for almost 2 year. after losing some pounds and exercising the doctor reduced his dosage to half a pill per day. He has never felt better and has no reactions at all.