I get daily migraines - this drug works wonderfully - less side effects (tightness, etc.) than imitrex. I would highly recommend asking if you can try this if you suffer from migraines of any sort.

this medication works for me, but also makes the headacke worse, makes me very dizzy, and i pass out.

Kel | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/27/2018
Condition: Migraine Headache

Only medication that relieves my migraines.

Pippi | 45-54 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
1/4/2018
Condition: Migraine Headache

Treximet is one of the few medications that have alleviated my migraines (Relpax also worked for years, until it stopped working as well). I experience only light side-effects (burn in jaw the first couple chews after taking it, sensitivity to hot water, feelings of weakness) that have seemed to decrease over the years. I'm not even sure if the weakness and sleepiness are from Treximet or just migraine sx that I don't notice when in pain, but notice when the pain is alleviated and the more subtle affects of migraine are left. I am so thankful for this med that allows me to lead a mostly normal life! I just wish I could get more than 9 pills per Rx and that I hadn't had experiences with it being cancelled by my insurance or being difficulty to renew in the past. It's just awful when you are in severe pain and trying to work with ins to get meds. Now I know to only look for an ins plan that allows this med! (Strangely, I tried Sumatriptan and Naproxin Sodium separately in the same dosages and it did not work nearly as well. I wish I understood why for me Treximet works, but not the separate pills.)

Cookie | 65-74 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
7/17/2017
Condition: Migraine Headache

Migraines are usually triggered by changes in weather. Treximet usually works in an hour or two. The cost of Treximet has doubled for me in the last two years. As a Tier 3 drug my insurance requires me to pay 30% of the cost. Two years ago I paid $460 for 27 pills. This month it is costing me $900. Treximet is the only thing that works for me. I used Imitrex until I had an asthma attack.

DL | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/2/2017
Condition: Migraine Headache

I had some pretty uncomfortable side effects from the med. The first time I took this medication, I had a migraine for over 48 hours, so I was not sure if what I was feeling was due to the medication. The side effects were a feeling of being overheated, and tightness from the back of my neck through my jaw and up through the top of my head. It did stop my migraine after about an hour and a half though. The second time I took this was at the onset of a migraine, and I had the very same feeling. Although, it took away my migraine, my provider and I will try another medication as I was extremely uncomfortable (physically) when I took the meds... so much so I felt like my blood pressure was through the roof.

Older but Wiser in Maryland | 55-64 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
6/3/2016
Condition: Migraine Headache

I have had this medication since I turned 50. It is the only thing that works for me.I have had migraines for 30 years. I took Imitrex and it worked well for me.But my doctor said after 50 you should not use Imitrex. That is when she switched me to Treximet. It has been a blessing for me. With my migraines I get nausea, vomiting, fatigue, light bothers me. My eyesight goes out in one eye etc.. The only side effect is I get flushed. Not a big deal I can handle that.Unfortunately I had to switch insurance companies and CVS Caremark does not cover this medication even after appeals from my doctor. So now I am on a fixed income and can no longer afford the 9 pills a month. I don't know what I am going to do now. But I highly recommend Treximet. Hang in there it does work.!!