My experience with this birth control has been satisfactory, overall. The reason I gave it 4/5 is because in an ideal world, there would be no side effects or very minor side effects. Clearly, that is not entirely realistic, but if I were to give it 5/5, it would need to be this way. I decided to post a positive review, because most of the ones you see on here are negative, so this is to reassure ...

I was switched for Yasmin to Ocella (without notice) by my pharmacy. The pharmacist told that it was the just generic Yasmin but assured me it was same medication. It's NOT. I was on Yasmin for 3 years with ZERO problems. In fact, it was great. While on Yasmin my skin was clear (I got compliments on it), my period lasted 3-4 days, and I wasn't moody. However after being on Ocella for 3 months my...

Anonymous | 19-24 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
8/23/2019
Condition: Acne

ive been taking ocella for about 7 months and ive had an amazing experience with it! at first i was extremely moody and i experienced pms for the first time ever as i hadnt had my period for four months prior to starting this birth control. I always struggled with irregular periods and hormonal acne caused by me not having my period regularly so i tried ocella as my first choice and it did me wonders! i never experienced pms and emotions the way that i am now and it is really nice. but it has also cleared my acne tremendously! i struggled with nausea and mood swings but no headaches. i didnt experience any weight gain either, actually i lost weight in all the right places and gained weight in all the right places! i really recommend if you struggle with irregular periods and hormonal acne!

doglover13 | 19-24 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
1/24/2019
Condition: Premenstrual Disorder with a State of Unhappiness

I had been on Ocella since I was 14. I recently stopped taking it because the side effects were too much with the stress of me in nursing school. Over the first year on Ocella, I had terrible uncontrollable cravings that led me to gain 30lbs. My weight fluctuates normally without the pill but this was the most weight Iâ??ve ever gained. Even when trying with diet and exercise, I cannot lose the weight, which is one reason I switched. Lately with my school, I noticed a change in my mood, having depressive thoughts that I have never had. It ultimately was affecting my thoughts and happiness. My boyfriend over the years (who has been with me the entire time Iâ??ve been on it) has noticed a change in my mood and well being. I had breakthrough bleeding every month on the second week of the pack. I also lost all my once high sex drive, to the point I have no desire to have sex or anything romantic. My thoughts, extreme weight gain, and lack of drive to do anything were unlike anything Iâ??ve ever experienced, which is why I switched after 6 years on it and started my new pill today. Goodbye Ocella!

Anonymous | 19-24 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/6/2018

Just finished my first pack of Ocella, and while I can't give a very in-depth review on it (because 1 month is too short) I will say that I am very pleased so far! This is the 3rd birth control pill I have tried, the first two were absolute nightmares. So bad that I quit the pill all-together for about 2 years but just decided to start back up again with Ocella. I was on Kariva and then switched to Minastrin. I had awful awful weight gain with both. I did not change my diet, it was all water weight that was lost within a week of stopping the pills. So far, on Ocella I have not gained any weight and I do not feel bloated or puffy. I am assuming that has to do with the fact that the progestin has a diuretic in it, which I am all for if it keeps bloating at bay! The first few days of taking this pill I had extreme nausea and upset stomach, but that luckily went away completely. I also had a few bad headaches, but I got that before taking Ocella so I cannot say for sure that it was caused by this pill. I know there are a lot of scary reviews on here, but that can be expected for every pill. I will say, though, that given my past experience with birth control I was terrified of taking this pill. So far, thankfully, it has been a breeze. I am hoping that it continues to be like this! Give it a shot and see how it works for you. Unfortunately, you won't know until you try it. But, if you have struggled with other pills in the past this may be the one for you (especially if weight gain was an issue)!

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
12/14/2017

I've been on Ocella for 9 years, have tried others (even others that were supposed to be almost identical to Ocella) and quickly came back to this. I originally started taking it for my acne & couldn't have been happier. I never experienced weight gain, which was a concern for me, and I have yet to have a negative side effect. Obviously birth control is different for everyone, but I highly recommend this. Another benefit is the weeks I have my period (the placebo week), there's not a "high high or low low" emotionally speaking. I've always loved that I still feel like myself, with or without it.

ksizz | 19-24 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
4/18/2017

I was on Levora before switching to Ocella. I've been on Ocella for about a year and it has made my skin so clear, and I have had no weight gain like previously, but it has also made me extremely moody. I cry at the littlest things and have a shorter patience than before. Headaches are also common but I have always been privy to them, so I'm not sure if its just me or the pill. I also have extreme nausea and throw up if I miss a pill, or sometimes when I start a new pack. I feel like the benefits out weigh the bad things so I am okay with it (also not pregnant!), but if you are sensitive to nausea/mood swings I wouldn't recommend going on this pill.